Family Photo Nov 2013

Family Photo Nov 2013

Monday, October 8, 2007

What was I thinking?


Do you ever have those moments when you wonder, "What was I thinking?" Well, tonight was my moment of wonder.
As my little family lay sleeping so peacefully in their nice cozy beds, I found myself in the garage practicing. Why was I practicing at 10'30 at night? That's a very good question!!! I wish I had a very good answer but I don't.
Here's the story...not too long ago, a friend told me about an orchestra that was being put together to perform a brand new oratorio composed by a grad student at our local university. Wow! What a cool experience not to mention a great opportunity to dust off that old violin and put all those years of music lessons from my youth to good use. Augh!! What was I thinking?!? It's been 17 years since I've played with an orchestra. (No, that was not a typo, I really meant to write 17 years!) What was I thinking? Oh well, it looks like I have a lot of late nights in the garage ahead of me. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

carla said...

wow, that is awesome. i am so happy for you. i am also so jealous. i have been wanting to join a community orchestra for so long, but my husband's schedule won't allow it. you are going to do great. yeah!!! :)

Camilla said...

I don't think it is crazy at all! I loved getting my piano in February and it has been so fun to get back into some music making.
Good luck!

The Kemps said...

Thanks gals!

Emily said...

It is never to late to do what you like. It may be 17 years but it will all come back once you start practicing.

What an awesome opportunity to continue developing your talent. The Lord will bless you for it.

Enjoy!!!!