Family Photo Nov 2013

Family Photo Nov 2013

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Gingerbread Season!!


How can you tell it's Christmas at the Kemp Home?

By the scent of freshly baked gingerbread that fills the air!!


I didn't realize how much our children associated certain smells with different seasons until recently.

Earlier in the month, I was in the process of making a dessert to take to a Relief Society Enrichment Meeting when Daniel came home from school. The first words out of his mouth when he came through the door were, "Where's the gingerbread? How many more days until Christmas?"

I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. It was then that I realized I had been baking gingerbread for my trifle and in Daniel's mind the smell of gingerbread directly correlates with Christmas!!

1 comment:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Smells with holidays and memories-so very true!

My kids know when they see me bake a variety of treats in one day, and then ask for the Christmas countdown.