Family Photo Nov 2013

Family Photo Nov 2013

Monday, April 28, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged a couple of times and each time I think to myself I'm going to do it. But then life happens, I get distracted and forget all about it. So, this time when Dacia tagged me I made a point of starting the post soon after I read her comment. Well, here we are a month later and I'm finally finishing it. Better late than never, right?

7 weird or random facts about myself
  1. I don't know what it is about toilets but they are yucky. I can't stand it when the lid is left open. Yes, I do realize that I'm slightly obsessive compulsive about this, just ask my kids.
  2. I love doing the dishes with my husband. At the end of the day when the kids are in bed, we do the dishes and chat, it's our thing.
  3. I like watching Bollywood movies. Hey! They are clean, there's no foul language, no inappropriate behavior, crazy storylines, and totally random musical sequences. What's not to like?
  4. I like my towels, sheets, pillowcases (in short, most linens) folded just so. If they aren't folded the way I like them, I'll refold them before putting them away. Yes, I'm a little OCD about this too!
  5. I don't like carnations. Seriously, I abhor them. As a food they aren't too bad but as a gift they just stink. Why would anyone want to be given a bouqet of carnations? That's what the winner of the Kentucky Derby gets!! What am I a horse? Now, if I've offended any carnation lovers I do apologize.
  6. I often break out in song at totally random moments. It's a habit that totally embarrasses my children. They probably wouldn't mind my singing so much if I could sing, but I can't. I sound perfectly awful when I sing!!
  7. I love, love, love that Bryan gives me crazy, unconventional gifts. For example, a red wagon for Christmas, a tent for Mother's Day last year, a very cool LED headlamp for Mother's Day this year, and a cheese grater (which is still in my top 10 list of favorite gifts!). No worries, he does give "normal" gifts but my favorites are always the nontraditional ones!!


Who to tag? Decisions, decisions....how about Elisha, Amanda, Meridith, Jessi, Michelle, Heather, Jueneta? So you've been tagged, now what do you do?

Here are the rules:

  1. On your post, link back to the person who tagged you - that would be me.
  2. Post your assignment on your blog - 7 weird or random facts.
  3. Post these rules on your blog.
  4. Post links to seven bloggers that you will be tagging.
  5. Go to those blogs and give them a comment on their blog to let them know that you have tagged them.

Got it? Good! Now I can't wait to learn more about you!




4 comments:

Ashlie said...

I have a hard time imagining you burst into singing. I'll have to keep a better eye on your row at church, just in case. :)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

The carnation comment, just classic! Got a great laugh from me about that.

And I, (ahem) also burst out in song. But I ONLY do it in front of my children and no one else. Trust me, I sound so much worse!

I THROW my clean linens in the closets or cupboards. WHY? Because I just have to wash them again, and might as well skip the refold step all together. (i just saved myself some time!!)

Dacia said...

Aimee, you are so funny! I love your post and I'm glad that you did it so I could read how funny you are. I'm the same way about towels so don't feel bad. Carnations are not my favorite, but I never knew you felt that strongly about them. Good to know, so I don't send you any :) I think it's so great you and your husband do dishes together, it's sweet. And the singing--classic!

Love it all! Thanks for humoring me by completing the tag!

Camilla said...

Very fun reading! I am a little OCD about certain things too, but yours were fun to read. I love the singing comment. I LOVE to break out into spontaneous singing also, and I also wish I sounded better. SInce living in AZ I am mostly hoarse when I sing. It is sad each Sunday, let alone other days.