Family Photo Nov 2013

Family Photo Nov 2013

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Funeral Potatoes with Funeral Ham

I don't mean this disrespectfully and sincerely hope not to offend anyone with the telling of this story....



On Saturday, Bryan was asked to preside over and conduct a funeral service. In conjunction with the funeral was a luncheon for the family. Well, there was quite a bit of ham leftover after the meal. After a generous portion was packed up for the family, the remaining meat was divided up among those who were involved in the "behind the scenes" portion of the service. Long story short, we got some of the ham. So for dinner tonight I used it in a casserole. We commonly refer to this dish as "funeral potatoes". Upon learning what we were having for dinner and the origin of the ham, the kids thought it was the funniest thing ever!!


4 comments:

Emily said...

So, how was the meal? Did the potatoes hold up? (hehe)

Love

Grandma Flores

Dacia said...

I love those potatoes & sometimes make them just for us to eat with dinner. YUM!

Jueneta said...

We always put ham in our funeral potatoes. Who died . . . anyone I know?

Camilla said...

That truly is hilarious!
We love those potatoes, and I have tried to give them a different name. Nothing sticks. However I have decided to at least abbreviate it on the meal calendar to "fun pot". Not sure if that is better or not.=)