The boys really went to town hunting out and collecting broken crayons. (Thanks Bells for donating your broken crayons to our stash!) After peeling all the paper off the crayons, we melted them in heart shaped silicon molds. Once the molds cooled the beautiful hearts were baggied, tagged, and signed for each of the boys' classmates. Making homemade valentines was such a great activity that I think we might do it again next year!!
Daniel thought it was very cool to watch the colors swirl together.
5 comments:
What an absolutely darling idea!
I always have tons of broken crayons from preschool.
Now I have a project idea for them instead of throwing them away.
Thanks!
It was so fun to do!! We got the idea from the Family Fun Magazine.
For more detailed instructions go to www.familyfun.go.com and search crayon heart
I hope you have doing it!!
That is such a neat idea. The hearts looked awesome. I have tons of broken crayons from the kiddos at school. I can donate a basket full at the end of the school year.
Wow!! I really like those. You are very creative. :)
They look awesome! We also did homemade valentines but ours weren't as elaborate. Family Fun also has some great April Fools ideas...
Post a Comment